- To promote high quality urogynaecology research in the UK.
- To foster a “research-active” culture among members of BSUG.
- To provide expert opinion on research matters to the main committee, the College, and other organisations when requested or indicated.
- To provide a point of contact between individual researchers or research organisations wishing to work with BSUG in specific research projects
- Organise the annual research meeting, to ensure a forum for trainees to present research work in progress.
- Organise the educational component of the annual research meeting to provide continuing professional development in matters relating to research design, conduct and governance.
- Work as necessary with individuals and organisations who approach BSUG for advice/assistance/research recruitment in relation to any relevant project or study.
- Coordinate requests for member mailing lists for the purpose of research surveys and questionnaires
- Committee will have a Chair, elected for 3 years by the membership of BSUG.
- The Chair may stand for a further 3 years if requested by the executive or membership, and approved by the membership at the AGM.
- The Chair should indicate his/her willingness to stand for a further term at the end of the second year of office.
- The Chair should have direct research experience.
· The Chair will:
o Endeavour to ensure that the committee fulfils its aims;
o organise at least one research subcommittee meeting per year;
o attend at least one executive committee meeting per year;
o ensure minutes of meetings are kept.
- Shadow Chair will be appointed by the Sub-Committee members during the 3rd/6th year of the current Chair to shadow the responsibilities and ‘learn’ the roles of the position.
- The sub-committee should have between 3 and 7 members. At least one of these should be a trainee member (ideally subspecialty trainee).
- All BSUG members are eligible for the subcommittee, but experience of research work is an essential requirement. Vacancies will be circulated via email.
- Members are appointed by the Chair, in consultation with existing members and executive committee members.
- Members will be removed if they do not attend subcommittee meetings or contribute to the work of the committee.
- Members will serve a 3 year term, with the option of a second term if no new members are willing to stand.
- A 3 month notice is requested for members leaving the subcommittee.
For further information please contact us here.
For Terms of Reference click here
Current BSUG Research Subcommittee
Ms Karen Ward
Mr Aethele Khunda
Dr Carolyn North
Ms Karen Guerrero
Mr Mohamed Abdel-Fattah
Dr Pallavi Latthe