Aims of BSUG
- To encourage the study and management of female pelvic floor dysfunction, urinary incontinence, POP and faecal incontinence.
- To raise and set standards of training in urogynaecology, by providing a network of support through discussion, study and communication.
- To aid an effective network of care for Urogynaecology patients throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- To provide a forum for practitioners with an interest in Urogynaecology throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- To train gynaecologists in Specialist Urogynaecology skills and to oversee Continuing Medical education.
- To promote the work and provide support to the research Urogynaecology Society.
- To collect and disseminate information on all matters including epidemiological research and multicentre trials.
- To organise clinical meetings and bring together conference members and where appropriate other allied organisations, patient support groups, relevant Government bodies, statutory authorities and individuals.
- To arrange and provide for exhibitions, meetings, lectures, classes, seminars and training courses for benefit of its members.