Welcome to the Trainee committee area of the BSUG website
BSUG webinars: more than twenty webinars delivered by a group of nationally renowned experts in the field of pelvic floor disorders
Over the past two years, the BSUG recognised the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the urogynaecology training opportunities. In response, the BSUG associate members committee successfully organised monthly online webinars for the urogynaecology trainees across the UK. More than twenty webinars were kindly delivered by a group of nationally renowned experts in the field of pelvic floor disorders.
These webinars were well-received by trainess with excellent feedback. They helped many trainees not only to build on their knowledge/skills but also to achieve some of the needed training competencies that were difficult to obtain otherwise during the pandemic. It also gave our trainee the opportunity to interact with experts in urogynaecology/urology.
As we believe that medical education is a continuing process, we are keen to ensure that current and future trainees have access to these webinars. If you are an associate member of BSUG and want to have access to these invaluable webinars, please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
We are happy to welcome any comments, queries or suggestions you may have. Please feel free to contact us through the BSUG e-mail address or come and have a chat next time you see us.
For Terms of Reference click here
Dr Hawra Badri
Clinical Research Fellow
Place of work: Sheffield teaching hospitals
Dr. Kamala Soundararajan
Urogynaecology Subspecialty trainee Hull and Leeds
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Glasgow
Dr Joy Troko
Working as a ST6 O&G Clinical Research Fellow at the University of Coventry and Warwickshire Hospitals. I am doing the Urogynaecology and Vaginal Surgery ATSM
Subspecialty trainee in Urogynaecology
Subspeciality Trainee Urogynaecology
BSUG offers many benefits to associate members, the majority of whom are trainees (core, ATSM and subspecialty) along with some specialty (SAS) doctors.
For the annual membership cost of just £60 per year there are a number of membership benefits:
- BSUG Trainees database (to access the BSUG trainees database. Click here). This allows you to record all your urogynaecology surgical activities and levels of supervision and is invaluable for appraisal and ARCP for ATSM and subspecialty trainees alike
- Affiliate membership of the International Urogynecological Association (IUGA)
- Electronic copy of the International Urogynaecology Journal, including via your mobile/tablet device via the IUJ App
- Ability to submit and present work at the BSUG annual research meeting
- Free attendance at the BSUG Annual Research meeting at the RCOG
- Eligibility to serve on BSUG committees
- Free attendance at the BSUG Associate members’ day. Following the success of the events held in Sheffield (2019) and Manchester (2020) which were attended by more than 50 associate members, plans are underway to continue running this event again on alternate years.
- Bursaries are offered at the discretion of the BSUG committee; when they are available these will be advertised to trainees and could include, bursaries for Trainees cost to attend BSUG training courses, to attend the ASM, a travel bursary scheme to visit an urogynaecology unit for professional experience and development and a travel bursary to attend to a national/international conference ongoing
As your representatives, we are happy to welcome any comments, queries or suggestions you may have. Please feel free to contact us through the BSUG e-mail address or come and have a chat next time you see us.
For further information please contact us here.
Application guidance guidelines for BSUG travel/meeting bursary scheme
Please ensure you have read the following guidance guidelines before completing any of the forms:
- You can only apply for one bursary. Only those of the appropriate training grade can apply (i.e. people working as a locum consultant who are post CCT with an ATSM are not eligible)
- You must confirm on the form that you have not received any type of bursary by BSUG previously
- You must confirm that you are a current BSUG member
- Once completed please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to submit supporting or extra evidence to back up your request (i.e reasons how the bursary would be beneficial to you) please include as part of your application. This is not compulsory.