DRAFT VAGINAL HYSTERECTOMY CONSENT FORM:
The British Society of Urogynaecology (BSUG) is pleased to share draft consent guidance developed with the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) on behalf of NHS London and the GIRFT team for stakeholder consultation based upon a recommended template.
This guidance is part of a dynamic programme focused on recovering elective services across six surgical specialties, including gynaecology, following the COVID-19 peak.
To support this programme, the BSUG have been working with the RCOG and lay representatives to create a standardised pan-London procedure-level consent form for vaginal hysterectomy.
The form aims to:
- Reduce variation in patient consent across London
- Support mutual aid and the movement of patients between systems
- Support systems to use the correct information on Digital Consent platforms
- Create forms which are legally robust for peace of mind of patients and systems
- If you would like to review the draft guidance please read this draft vaginal hysterectomy and repair and return your comments using this proforma.
The consultation closes at 23:59 on Wednesday 13th April 2022.